Another week, another collection of articles I have found interesting enough to pass on.
- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, says Australians need to get over their obsession with boat people. I’m a little annoyed about the human trafficking reference though, that’s quite different to people smuggling and confuses the conversation.
- This article from the Phnom Penh Post this week about professional girlfriends has left me with mixed feelings.
- A fascinating article in The New Yorker about a plagiarist.
- So apparently women are guilty of sexually harassing men when they look good in their clothes. Say what?! Make sure you read the comments, they’re even better than the article.
- John Birmingham on the importance of welfare and the culture of middle class entitlement.
Blog of the week
- Brain Pickings is like an online museum of super cool and artsy stuff.