As you know, I recently spent a week in Melbourne, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the little things that I didn’t even realised I’d been missing. Here’s a list (some were mentioned in my last post).
- Pubs – there are plenty of bars in Cambodia, but nothing compares to a nice cosy pub.
- Pies – a big warm pot pie with a massive serving of mashed potato on the side.
- Pints – We don’t actually get pints in Sydney so nothing to miss there. But I enjoyed them in Melbourne, and when combined with the first two points it was just perfect.
- Drinking water from the tap.
- Being cold – or rather, becoming warm when you’re cold. Especially when you step from the cold tiled bathroom into the hot shower. Ohhhhh, soooo nice.
- Walking on an unobstructed footpath – I didn’t stub my toe once!
- Solid poo! – I know, too much information.
- Clean dogs that I can pat and cuddle without fear of catching a disease.
I’m sure there were plenty of other things, but these are what stood out.